Remove this ad

#381 [url]

Jun 8 13 3:36 PM

Re: New Haul Thread

bigraj wrote:
Haven't been crazy about the MoS figures, but I spotted a Zod in full Kryptonian armor and was pretty impressed. I'll probably pick him up tomorrow if he's still at that WM.

Aside from not having an ab-joint, armored Zod is a pretty freaking cool figure. I put a few weapons from Chronicles of Riddick in his hand and he looks badbaloon knot. I need to replace Faora's head though. That noggin is mbaloon knotive.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#382 [url]

Jul 17 13 9:17 PM

Capt. Marvel, Jr arrived today and he's a whole lotta okay. The face is pretty flat when looking at his profile and there's not enough yellow paint to cover up the blue underneath the chest emblem. The boots aren't bright enough either. There is a nice paint wash on the cape and the lines on his lightning bolt are sharp, and I like the use of the teen buck. Disappointing, considering how much I dig the Marvel family. Sad that there were paint issues with Billy, and the fugly headsculpt on Mary, and now Freddie joins them with all his flaws.

Quote    Reply   

#383 [url]

Jul 18 13 1:12 AM

Is that Mr. Tawny above Freddy in the picture?

Mine should be coming in any day now. I've always thought the 4 Horseman could use a lesson in how to sculpt a human face. All of the DCUC figures look flat in profile to me. Mattel has been doing a decent job with paint apps lately. I hope this doesn't herald a return to the problems of the past.

Quote    Reply   

#384 [url]

Jul 18 13 6:07 AM

Ram07 wrote:
Is that Mr. Tawny above Freddy in the picture?

Mattel seems unlikely to make one, so I customized my own. He's kinda shy, though.

Quote    Reply   

#387 [url]

Aug 21 13 9:25 PM

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#388 [url]

Aug 22 13 3:29 AM

I know a lot of DCU collectors bitched, but I love Uncle Sam. He was one of my favorite figures from the 2013 sub.
Glad to see you got your hands on one Raj.

Quote    Reply   

#390 [url]

Sep 16 13 2:25 AM

Been a while since I posted New Haul pics but here's a New 52 Aquaman I picked up at ComicCon last week.
As you can see, I swapped out the tiny head it came with for the far superior clbaloon knotic head. I think it looks great.

Quote    Reply   

#394 [url]

Apr 1 14 11:37 AM

Probably mid-week or so. Been stuck at work pretty late the last few weeks and I've got to do some hunting after work most days, since I'm stalking TRU waiting for them to restock more of the Black Series wave 3. I'll probably grab a few WWE figures today, since the latest Elite wave has hit a couple of stores, so I'll likely have a little fun on Wednesday or Thursday.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help